Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What has been learned?

Through the two days in the IST class, I've learned that the IT world is a male-dominated field, but women are slowly becoming more interested and involved with IST. What was interesting was how more girls over the age of 18 are playing more video games then boys ages 6-17. This to me was very interesting because I would think that due to the health concerns in our society that more younger boys would be sitting in the house just playing video games all of the time.
Absent Voices were also interesting to learn about, on how people try to push their beliefs onto people by trying to only create technology for a certain group of people. Especially about the man who created bridges to keep people out.
Trying to define Technology was a difficult thing to do in class today, since we determined that almost everything is technology, it just may not use electricity, or be battery powered. I enjoyed talking about the pros and cons about certain types of technologies, and how the light bulb is both a good and bad type of technology.
I'm really looking forward to meeting the women in the IT fields and learning about career options that I have and determine what would interest me the most.

1 comment:

roshni talking to stars is fun said...

do read my blog i have smethng written smethng 4 u.