Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Guest Speakers

After listening to the information given by Dr. Maitland and Dr. Kvasny who are placed within the IT field, I have learned that I am very interested in this field as well. I will most likely take their advice of how a minor in the IST field can set you apart from other students, and can benefit your future. What really interested me was how that can decided what they want to do during each year. I would like to do something like that because I only enjoy studying what I believe is interesting. If I am coerced into studying a specific topic I won't enjoy myself and might not work to the best of my ability which is a weak aspect of myself.

What they were doing with developing countries, and the HIV studies was also interesting, on how they were using technology to learn more about the HIV information that was posted on women blogs. The health care and food program that Dr. Maitland was talking about I thought was very interesting, that the are manipulating the people to allow them to have a better healthier life.

They answered all of the questions well enough that we could relate them into what we would want to do in our future. I enjoyed how they talked about their lives outside their work, because that is what each of us will have when we start out careers. Them stating that we should balance our work and lifestyle was interesting that how women do have the trouble of having children and keeping a demanding job. Just listening to their life experiences show what we may have to look forward to in our future, and some complicated situations that we will encounter.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Great thoughts! I'm glad you're considering going into IST as a minor. I agree - people have to love what they do, or else it will be a loooong, boring career. I'm glad you enjoyed the guest visits.